16th May. Chiff Chiff Chiff Chaff....

I woke up with that can't be bothered feeling this morning and for the best part of it I really couldn't. Even a call from Roy about a 'blue-headed type' Wagtail on Orgreave couldn't give me the kick up the arse that I needed. By mid-afternoon I needed to get out birding though, as the sun was now shining, the usual favoured spots would now be swamped with the usual feral scum freshly emerged from their stinking pits! I fancied another spot of twitching and the choices were the Ilkeston Great Reed Warbler or the Potteric Iberian Chiffchaff, neither stunning to look at but both equally vocally interesting. I opted for the latter.

Exciting isn't it?

You can see the yellow supercilium in the top one and the remnants of the yellow washed upper breast above. Quite why it should be in such dreadful plumage in mid-May is beyond me.
The song was far more interesting but you'll just have to take my word for it. But lets face it, if these things didn't sing none of us would have a bloody clue.

No comments: