17th April. Alone again or....

The title of today's post doesn't indicate a breakdown in my marital status, but the fact that for the first time this week I had the patch to myself. I've counted no less than fifteen individuals since last weekend - I say counted but it's more of a mental note. Two of them having the audacity to get down before me - bloody cheek. I suppose that I only have myself to blame, instead of keeping all my sightings to myself and my dog-eared notebook, I can't help but share my occasional good fortune with others. So I guess I'll just have to put up or indeed shut up!

A couple of very approachable Bar-tailed Godwits on the small lake this morning was a welcome addition to the patch list and brought the self-found Orgreave year list to 98. Not a lot else to write about though a record count of 8 Little Ringed Plovers and Wheatears seemingly everywhere, with 8 this evening and at last 15 yesterday morning.

And a couple from earlier in the week.

If Carlsberg did birding......

No comments: