29th September. The kiss of death.

Seems my email to the finder of the Sandhill Crane has had a Jonah effect. I only enquired about the transport possibilities from Kirkwall and it seems to have taken offence. Meanwhile whilst it continues its journey, south, southeast,southwest etc, I can only hope that it settles down for a good few hours within striking range before my trip north.

I won't mention the current magic seaweedforecast for Shetland, in case I put the kiss of death on that as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Sandhill, is it a Sandhill?

The Leicester Llama said...

Re Magic Seaweed - they obviously can't decide where that low's going to hit as it changes every time I look at it! I think we can safely say that's it's going to be quite windy at some stage though...

Rob said...

Magic Seaweed have lost those south-easterlies forecast for early next week and have now decided it's going to be complete wank for you. Be prepared to get over-excited about a Chaffinch and bring plenty to drink.