13th November. Another Good Local Day

Following a Friday night out with a few birding mates I was slightly less than fit for an early mornings birding. However I had foolishly agreed to meet my boss at Orgreave in hope of showing him the Lapland Buntings. Anyway John arrived on time and I managed to find him a Lapland Bunting a nice showy bird as well - successfully securing a day off for the next mid-week 'mega'!
Three skeins of Pink-feet, totalling around 250 birds also passed through during the first hour.

A phone call from Kev mid morning informed me of a Great Northern Diver at nearby RVCP. I had planned to visit there in the afternoon anyway to carry out this months WEBS count so the Diver would at least be an incentive for this laborious task. With the count completed in record time we drove round to the Sothall side where the bird showed well in the mid-afternoon sun. Gripped off by Andy's 'rod end' shots of the Lap Bunt in full light we popped back and managed the above in now fading light and at 3200 ISO.

More obliging than last years juvenile but I'm still struggling with birds on water.

No comments: