18th April. Back to Normal.

Despite having to wait in briefly for a Bra delivery, that never turned up I managed a decent mornings birding.

Orgreave gave me two year ticks namely Dunlin! and Whaeater, with a couple of Shelduck, 2 Ringed Plover an Oystercatcher and 2 White Wagtails. The nearby Gropper gave itself up briefly and amazingly the only photo I took actually wasn't too bad.

With almost everywhere seemingly having Little Gulls and Arctic Terns a walk round Treeton Dyke seemed to make sense. In reality it made no sense at all as the only bird of note was a Lesser Whitethroat.

Bole Hill and Blue Mans Bower were equally poor with another 2 Lesser Whitethroat. By now my enthusiasm had wained so I went home to make some pies.


Pork, Stuffing and Apple

So there you have it a decent session birding and ending the day with some nice homemade pies - situation normal.

No comments: