6th October. Don't read this there's nothing exciting among it!

Waking up to rain and strong westerlies this morning I was beginning to wish that I'd hit the bottle last night and not gone to bed at 10pm.  Impatiently waiting for the wind to ease I began to realise that it wasn't and got comfy infront of the laptop. Fortunately I was forced out of the house by a powercut coupled with no phone reception. A walk round Toab produced nothing and again no pies were available in the Toab shop.

After a spot of lunch and a trawl of bird things on the net I forced myself and Andy into the Sumburgh area.  There were birders in the Grutness crop field so we avoided that and made for the farm. New birds in were a Reed Bunting, Garden Warbler and a notable arrival of Redwings. After a couple of hours we'd had enough and summoned Rob to collect us.

Gary had intended to go into Lerwick for provisions but had got side tracked by a Bunting (probably little) at Channerwick that he'd seen badly for a few seconds.  Andy and I cadged a lift with him and returned to Channerwick. Almost as soon as we'd left the car the Little Bunting popped up and showed itself well for a minute or so. Other birds here were two Blackcaps and several Redwings.
Tomorrow the wind might drop and we might find something, though I suspect more rubbish on these pages is more likely - goodnight.

3 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

Nice Little Bunting but the cam shots tonight of (presumably) Rob's head are gripping. My wife would likr to know if his wallpaper comes from the Jeff Banks Ports of Call range that was popular in the late eighties?

Mark said...

Think that's my head Alan as I've nicked the window seat.
Apparently the wallpaper is the same as one of the rooms in the Sumburgh Hotel - which probably suggests that it's nicked.

beast said...

Excellent shot o the little bunting...but shame you didn't get a photo of Andy falling over the fence and onto his arse in pursuit of this bird....